Classification of Guru's

vsrinivasan1879's picture

Average: 4.7 (3 votes)

I have come accross many writtings about Gurus. Some commenting on Fake, Bogus Gurus and some calling for a list of Cheat Guru's. This only reflects the immaturity of the persons writting it. Guru can never be a cheat or fake or bogus. Guru as I have already said is one who takes you fron darkness to light i.e. enlightment. The person who does not do is not a guru. Calling him as Guru and then calling him a cheat, fake etc. reflects immaturity. First and the foremost they are never Guru'S , do not give the tittle of Guru to them and de-grade them.

NIDHI PARKASH's picture

clasification of gurus

you have well pointed out that who are not entitled for guru-ship may not be called guru but as a cheater/ cheating person when somebody assuming the form of guru is checked by someone and found wolf in the shape of sheep then it is better to assign appropriate adjective to such fraud persons;otherwise, we the Indian culturally habitual to salute the gerua garments without any doubts because doubting the guru is called sin.

NIDHI PARKASH | Tue, 08/25/2009 - 03:00
Phroggy's picture

It's a sin to doubt the

It's a sin to doubt the guru, but since many gurus are doubted, and one doesn't want to be a sinner, the guru who is doubted must be called other than guru. To further insure one is absolved of sin, the one causing you to feel sinful must be called immature.

I wonder what it would take to be rid of such childish religious nonsense.

Phroggy | Tue, 08/25/2009 - 04:07
Jasmin's picture

Would you board a flight flown by a bogus pilot?

When someone robs your house, don't you call him a thief? when your wife is fooling around with others, don't you call her a cheating woman?

So why suddenly treat spirituality differently? Is spirituality above life? Special favoring terms? Of course not, only perhaps in our minds.

It is so simple - why complicate it? When a guru is presenting himself as an enlightened one and turns not to be so, then he is a bogus, a fraud, fake. He is lying regarding the most important metaphysical aspect. You can use whatever word you feel at ease with that implies conscious dishonesty, fraud etc.

Just remember: Spirituality is no different than any other aspect of life.

Jasmin | Tue, 08/25/2009 - 10:47
madan_gautam's picture

Would you board a flight flown by a bogus pilot?

Namaste
When you know that the pilot is bogus,then how can you be on flight.
Similarly when you know that the Guru is bogus(as per you),then how can you accept him and then without accepting him ,how can he robs you.
Yes a Guru robs but not your wealth ans worldly things but your false personality/your false self,so that one can reach to the Truth to see the self reality and Truth of this world.
Moreover a Guru never invade your house to make you disciple but it the seeker who goes for seeking the truth.
This culture of true & false Guru is only due to our immaturity.
If you are really a true seeker,then you will never get a false Guru,but yes if you are just tasting here and there then you will never find a Guru and even a genuine Guru will be false in that case.
I could not understand why people are so after Guru?
The test is simple , just see if some Guru tries to keep you bind with himself and do not want to loose you at any cost then he is false one,as he may be having some hidden agenda& if a guru never bind you,whether you be attached with him or not,then he has to do nothing with you except your uplift.
OM

madan_gautam | Tue, 08/25/2009 - 11:37