Awareness in the creation does not exist independently hence it is not God

dattaswami2's picture



No votes yet

Awareness in the creation does not exist independently hence it is not God

Awareness in the creation does not exist independently since it is always a generated item by the combined operation of respiratory, digestive, and the nervous systems. Charvaka or science should be respected in this point. The cause or the quality of the cause should be an independent item and should not be a generated item. The individual soul is a bit of awareness is neither the total God nor is the part of the God.

The unimaginable power of creation or control of the universe by God is neither totally seen nor partly seen in any individual soul. In the ancient days awareness was thought to be an independent item due to lack of scientific knowledge. But now science has clearly proved that awareness is only an item of creation and not the creator. Thus science cannot prove the nature of God directly but can prove the nature of any item of the creation as the non-God item as in the case of awareness.



Omkaradatta's picture

Awareness exists independently

> Awareness in the creation does not exist
> independently since it is always a generated
> item by the combined operation of respiratory,
> digestive, and the nervous systems.

The respiratory, digestive and nervous systems are within awareness, not awareness within them. Awareness exists independently. Your view is reversed, due to attachment to the body.

> But now science has clearly proved that awareness is only
> an item of creation and not the creator.

Science is within awareness, too. The whole scientific endeavour shows nothing but attachment to embodied existence, the root-cause of the world's troubles. The 20th century (age of science) was one long string of violence and destruction. Mankind has merely increased its delusions.

http://www.omkaradatta.info

Omkaradatta | Thu, 02/05/2009 - 08:07
madan_gautam's picture

>>>>>Awareness in the

>>>>>Awareness in the creation does not exist independently hence it is not God.
++++++++++++++++++
The all creations are the results of His awareness,so all are God.
OM

madan_gautam | Thu, 02/05/2009 - 17:13
dattaswami2's picture

Awareness did not exist before creation

Awareness did not exist before creation

You can say ‘the awareness of God’ but you cannot say that God is awareness. The reason for this is that the awareness observed in living beings is a form of inert energy working in nervous system. Before the creation, space cannot exist, since space is the first item of creation, which is the first subtle form of inert energy. Therefore, before creation neither materialized nervous system nor inert energy can exist. In such case, the generation of awareness is unimaginable. Even if you assume that the awareness was generated from some unimaginable source, the awareness, which is a work form of inert energy, cannot exist before creation. Since space is the first form of inert energy, in the absence of space, there cannot be existence of inert energy. If the inert energy was absent before creation, how can you say that awareness, which is a form of inert energy existed before the creation? In such case, you have to conclude that both the source of awareness and awareness itself are unimaginable. Instead of two unimaginable items, it is always better to say that one unimaginable item existed. Then, the conclusion is that the unimaginable source (God) existed and His will, which is awareness, must be the first form of inert energy that was created even before the space. But, without space, inert energy can never exist. Since space is needed for the waves to propagate or for the fundamental particles of inert energy, which alone is transformed into awareness or will.

To avoid the two unimaginable items, even if you say that the unimaginable God Himself is the unimaginable will or awareness, then also, your purpose is not served, since the unimaginable awareness cannot be the imaginable awareness that is seen in the living beings. Moreover, when you say that something is unimaginable, how can you say that it is awareness or inert? Hence, there is no other way than to say that one unimaginable item, which cannot be qualified by terms like awareness or inert created the space directly. Therefore, Veda says that the unimaginable God created the space directly (Atmana Aakashah…).

But Veda says that God wished to create the world. Such statement can be taken in view of the general procedure seen in the world, which is adopted for the sake of convenience of understanding by human beings. Veda also says that the unimaginable item (God) created the space or energy directly (Tat tejo asrujata…). Once the space is created, which is the first form of inert energy, the procedure of the creation is a routine process as described by Veda regarding the creation of air etc. after space. In this procedure, the last item that was created was awareness from the food (Annat purushah). You cannot bring this awareness even before food and not to speak of bringing the awareness even before the generation of space.

Now there are two items. One is the unimaginable God and the other is imaginable world which includes awareness as the final product. The generation of the world from God is also unimaginable, since there is no similar example of unimaginable generating imaginable in the world. From space onwards, we have only the imaginable generating another imaginable and any link between two imaginable items is imaginable. Therefore, Veda says that the link between space (Mahat) and God (Purusha) is unimaginable (Avyaktam) as seen in the statement “Mahatah paramavyaktam, avyaktaat purushah paraha”.

At Thy Lotus Feet His Holiness Sri Dattaswami

Anil Antony
www.universal-spirituality.org
Universal Spirituality for World Peace
antonyanil@universal-spirituality.org

dattaswami2 | Wed, 02/11/2009 - 17:17